Radon gas is a radioactive gas. It is harmful to our body. None the less everyone should at least know the effects it has on our body. This may even make some people realize their laziness to get up and get their home checked for Radon gas. It Is not something to be careless about and should not be taken for granted. It can have major effects on our body. The effects are divided into chemical and physical.
Chemically based radon is noble gas and is chemically inert which means it does not enter any known chemical process in the human body.
However, Radioactivity which is a part of physics explains why it’s harmful to our body. The radon atom’s nucleus is unstable disintegrates emitting radioactive metal polonium which is chemically reactive in the body.
A study from the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) stated that around 21,000 cancer deaths take place almost every year due to inhaling of radon gas. Radon gas is colorless, tasteless, you can’t feel it’s presence it’s basically undetectable to human senses, get your house checked now by Radon Mitigation Madison so that you get aware of it.
The Stealth Effect
The radioactive decay of the small amounts of uranium and the soils and household work done with stones contain radium. The radium seeps into the foundation and accumulates the inside of your body. The deep wells contain radon, which enters into the water we use.
After many years of breathing in radon, there is a high chance of risk that you can develop lung cancer. After smoking it is the second top reason by which people get Lung Cancer. In Canada, about 6.9 percent of the homes do not meet the guidelines for Radon concentration. In United States of America Radon is a recognized reason for lung cancer. You should definitely get your house checked up for radon concentration.
If the radiation level is 1.3 Picocuries per liter of air around you the studies predict it can possibly cause lung cancer in one of every thousand people. If the radiation is around 2 Picocuries per liter of air around you EPA estimates around seven people out of every thousand can get lung cancer.
EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) stated that deep wells contain mineral deposits in which radon is also continuously being produced they get penetrated and the end product is polonium which may get accumulated. The contamination in water increases the chances of a person to get stomach cancer in his lifetime. Studies show around 168 deaths happen because of stomach cancer which takes places due to contaminated water. Stomach cancer divides to around 11 percent of the radon cases while lung cancer gets the rest of 89 percent. The activities such as washing, showering, and other things which are water-related inert radon into the air.
EPA made new regulations to use technologically advanced machines to eliminate the radon from water. Radon gas is not something you can detect and is extremely dangerous kill your laziness for some time and get your house checked up by Radon Mitigation Madison.